loader

Diddy is opening up about his decision to return publishing rights to Bad Boy artists and writers. As The Shade Room previously reported, the 53-year-old music mogul has been previously accused of “stealing” money from artists and conducting “bad” business.

Additionally, Diddy has consistently denied those allegations.

RELATED: Diddy Says ‘Fake Pastor’ Ma$e Owes Him $3 Million While Addressing Rumors Of Stealing From Artists Diddy Details The Decision & Opens Up About “Evolving” As A Businessman

The father of seven sat down for an exclusive interview with Billboard, published Wednesday. During the beginning of the interview, the music mogul detailed his decision to “reassign publishing rights to the whole” Bad Boy catalog. According to BBC, Diddy launched the record label in 1993. Additionally, it consists of artists such as Notorious B.I.G., Faith Evans, Ma$e, 112, and more.

RELATED: 50 Years Of Fiyah: A Look Back At Hip Hop In The 90s

Diddy explained that he initially decided to reassign the publishing to Bad Boy artists and writers in “May or June 2021.”

“I decided to reassign publishing rights to the whole catalog in May or June 2021. The news is just now coming out because it took time to finalize everything…”

He continued by explaining that, at the time, he was “getting major offers for the catalog.” However, he was “put in a position” where he felt he had to step back and “look in the mirror.”

“When I was looking at the catalog and everything, I was put in a position where I felt like I had to look in the mirror. I had to make sure that what I was standing for was my total truth…”

The 53-year-old explained we “live in a time where things are constantly evolving.” Additionally, he felt that if he wanted to truly stand by a message of “reform,” he had to show and prove it.

“We live in a time where things are constantly evolving. And it was about reform for me. It was me looking at ways I could reform things as a person that’s been asking for change…”

Diddy also explained that he believed it was the “right and obvious thing to do.” Additionally, he shared that he’s “evolved” as a businessman and now thinks it’s important to “pick purpose over profit.”

“It was just the right and obvious thing to do; something I’m proud I did. As a businessman, there comes a time when you have to pick purpose over profit. I’m glad that I’ve seen both sides. As a businessman, I’ve evolved and was blessed to be in a position to give the publishing back.”

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by billboard (@billboard)

The 53-Year-Old Also Shared An Update On His Relationship With Ma$e

As The Shade Room previously reported, rapper Ma$e called Diddy out via an Instagram post shared in 2020. In the post, the rapper accused Diddy of holding his publishing “from 24 years ago” while only giving him a $20,000 cut.

Additionally, Ma$e accused the music mogul of “robbing” him and “tarnishing” his name.

“I heard u loud and clear when u said that u are now for the artist and to that my response is ifu want to see change you can make a change today by starting with yourself… U still got my publishing from 24 years ago in which u gave me $20k. Which makes me never want to work w/ u as any artist wouldn’t after u know someone is robbing you & tarnishing your name when u don’t want to comply w/ his horrendous business model…”

RELATED: Mase Calls Out Diddy For Allegedly Not Paying Him And Other Artists What They’re Owed: ‘No More Hiding Behind ‘Love’’

In 2022, Diddy addressed Ma$e’s allegations, vehemently denying them, as per The Shade Room.

“If you think that I’m a scumbag that would ever steal anything, my name is Diddy Sean Combs. I never took nothing from nobody a day in my life. All I’ve ever given is opportunity and more money than a person was making…”

Additionally, Diddy alleged that Ma$e made the allegations against him because the rapper’s money was “running low.”

“People have this thing called the tap-out button. When you get to a certain point and the money is running low, you gotta run this hustle to try to find somebody to blame… I have all my receipts.”

During the interview with Billboard, Diddy shared an update on where his relationship with Ma$e is today.

“Everything’s cool and good now. You know, we’re brothers and brothers fight. I love him and that’s it.”

Roomies, what are your thoughts on Diddy’s decision?

The post Diddy Details ‘Right And Obvious’ Decision To ‘Reassign’ Publishing Rights To Bad Boy Artists And Writers appeared first on The Shade Room.

Leave a Reply